- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
- I love anime and people seem to forget that a lot. (Fairy Tail / Kuroko no Basket / Sword Art Online / Soul Eater fans? HIGH FIVE.)
- I've eaten squid ink pasta. (It was really good!)
- I've been writing about teenagers since third grade. Yay for inadvertent YA writing!
- I'm basically incapable of writing fanfiction. Whenever I attempt to, it comes out as a puddle (so does most of my writing, but with my original work I can usually salvage something).
- I'm probably that one suspicious girl in the corner wearing a hoodie. Especially if said girl has ink/pencil stains on the side of her left hand. (Hey, hoodies are comfortable.)
- My favorite Studio Ghibli movie is Spirited Away, but honestly ALL their movies are my favorites on some level.
- I just made a resume website thing in an attempt to be more "professional."
- I am so into Halsey's music right now you don't even know.
- I'm thinking of doing Communication or Media Studies in college, with possibly a Creative Writing minor.
- I'm super pumped because I get to take Diversity & Justice and Graphic Design 2 at school for second semester this year.
- Unfortunately, that also means I need to get both Health and PE out of the way in first semester—usually it's one per semester—which IS GUARANTEED TO MAKE ME CRY. I kid you not when I say that these two classes are the most awful ones in the school. I detest them. (On the bright side, though, once I get these credits out of the way, I *never* need to take another Health or PE class again.)
How do you feel about soft tacos?
|bilbo being #relatable|
Favorite Disney movie?
|what a dork. i would say 'protect' but you don't need protecting|
|the animals in this movie have so much sass|
Best villain ever?
How much do you hate spoilers?
|i've been waiting to use this for forever|
|look i'm not in the asoiaf fandom but i still love daenerys? oops|
What’s the best thing about your blog?
What are three books that everyone must read before they die, period?
- All the Rage by Courtney Summers, for its discussion of rape culture, its take-no-prisoners attitude, its powerfully dynamic and unavoidably human main character, and its gut-wrenchingly visceral prose.
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, for its lens into the tide of history, its deeply passionate and distinctive cast of characters, its sweeping and masterful writing, and its paragraph of a first sentence.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, for its unique and stunningly emotional narration (courtesy of Death), its heartbreakingly wonderful characters, its historical setting, and its grasp on what makes us human.
Discuss your opinion on corn on the cob.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Do you have a favorite punctuation mark?
(Props to you if you see what I did there. *twirls*)
Describe the best trip you ever took.
Honorable mention goes to my most recent trip to Korea, about two years ago, in which a hairdresser asked me whether it's true that everyone in the US carries a gun everywhere. (Wake up, America! THIS is how the rest of the world sees us.)
I hereby bestow this award on
Some questions for you all
- If you could steal the wardrobe of one book character, whose would it be?
- Your life has just become a novel! Write a short pitch for said novel.
- What's your favorite foreign film?
- What does breakfast typically look like for you?
- If you could make a PSA on any subject and have it broadcasted to the entire world, what would that subject be?
- What is your stance on unicorns?
- Favorite obscure word?
- Who is your favorite non-human(ish) fictional character (think animals, robots, etc.)?
- Go back to the very first post you made on your blog. Is it cringe-worthy or surprisingly okay?
- You have to assemble a team of nine bloggers—including yourself—for a grand and dangerous adventure, Fellowship of the Ring-style. Who would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite soup?