(Actually, I've taken a very long time to do this - hence the "much-belated" in the post title.)
- Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them!
- Answer the ten questions given to you by the nominator!
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers!
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer!
- Let the nominees know you have nominated them by going to their website and notifying them!
A: ALL THE THINGS. Actually, I have equal obsessions with certain books and certain TV shows. I'm an avid watcher of Sherlock and Downton Abbey (and most recently, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries). I love Jane Austen. I read The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater a little while ago and I'm still reeling from how beautiful that was.
2. Your quirkiest habit?
A: Talking to myself. All the time. I have a really hard time getting to sleep even on the best of nights, so I've developed a habit of talking to myself when I'm awake to soothe my nerves. Also, when I was around seven, I used to have these horribly vivid nightmares - which resulted in negotiations with the nightmares. (Strange as it is, that's not an exaggeration. I used to have bad dreams about a villain in a book I was reading but eventually made friends with him by just talking. Note to self: it seems I have more social skills when talking to imaginary evil people than I do in real life.)
3. Your dream travel destination?
A: Right now it's actually London. Literary landmarks, Big Ben, classy accents... what's not to love?
4. Guilty pleasure?
A: Hmm... well-done romance in books? That just makes me feel all fuzzy - it also makes my feels hurt. (Or perhaps surfing Tumblr at night when I can't sleep would be more accurate. That's usually what happens when talking to myself gets boring - I follow lots of poetry blogs and fandom blogs and I have way more fun on that website than I probably should.)
5. Who was the last person you waved hello?
A: I think that would be my younger brother.
6. Favorite YouTuber?
A: I don't actually watch YouTube videos much, so I really can't say :(
7. Your favorite fruit?
A: I love raspberries so much it's kind of unhealthy. Also apples. And strawberries. (I like a lot of fruits.)
8. Have you ever watched the movie version of a book before you actually read it?
A: I watched the movie version of Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow in it and I haven't actually finished the book yet. *I got all the spoilers!* But in general, I try to read the book first, especially now that YA movie adaptations are becoming a huge trend.
9. Your favorite store?
A: The bookshop near my house, hands down. Every time I go, I might intend to spend ten minutes there - but of course, I end up staying for at least an hour. Always.
10. Harry Potter or Percy Jackson (if you have read the books? If you haven't, then just say which one you would rather read based on the series titles...)?
A: I'm actually going to have to say Percy Jackson on this one. (Unpopular opinion, I know.) I read the Harry Potter series when I was around seven or eight, so I've 'grown out of it' since then, and even though I'm not a huge fan of the Heroes of Olympus series that comes after Percy Jackson, I liked the original books. It's interesting that I'm asked to compare these two series because I've always felt a parallel between Harry-Ron-Hermione and Percy-Grover-Annabeth, but when it comes down to it, the latter trio is much more endearing to me. That said, neither of these series are my favorite thing in the world, really - I'd much rather read the Infernal Devices or the Fire and Thorns trilogy or the Grisha trilogy (...and so it goes).
- Who are some of your favorite people you've met on the Internet?
- Favorite book character?
- What's the best thing you've ever created?
- Cold weather or warm weather?
- Favorite fairy tale/myth?
- What do you do when you can't sleep?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What five words best describe you?
- What was your last dream like?
- What's the best advice you've gotten?