Some Major Housekeeping: Books Are Back

4 comments
So I'll get right to the point: book reviews (and other assorted bookish posts) are coming back to Fairy Skeletons.
[via]
Around two years ago (wow, it's been quite a while), I announced in this post that I wouldn't be doing as many book reviews on this blog. And I stuck to that. In that time, I haven't done a single book review here. But that doesn't mean I haven't been reviewing; I'm very passionate about literature and I have opinions about it that I love sharing. Instead, I've been posting my reviews on Goodreads and book blogs, the most recent one being Literoses. The content here has been almost exclusively writing-related. My reason for doing this was that at the time, I felt keeping my book love and writing talk separate would be a good idea.

However, a lot has changed since then. I've become something of a poet person (okay, debatable), I've changed blog designs several times, I've gained heaps of experience and hopefully useful insight, I've become much better at writing blog content (I mean, I'm frankly quite embarrassed by my older posts now)—in short, I feel like mixing books and writing has become necessary for me again. I haven't really had the time to maintain a book blog and a personal blog separately, and the community over here is much more engaged. I love each and every one of you readers for that.

This means that in addition to my usual writing fare, you'll also be seeing bookish thoughts from me. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a stretch, since I don't think I've met a single person interested in writing who isn't also interested in books. So look out for reviews and increased amounts of book love from me in the near future! I'll also be adding page content here and there—a review archive, review policy, etc. Thank you, as always, for sticking with me.

What do you think of this change? Do you think I can pull it off? (Do you think I should redesign the blog to mark the shift?)

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. I'm always game for book reviews, no matter where they appear!
    Except on trees. People should leave the trees alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it, E.R.! And I'm in total agreement about the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I absolutely can't wait to see more literary love (see what I did there? ;)) on Fairy Skeletons - though I'm not much for writing book reviews, I do love reading others' thoughts on books, so I'm excited to see the direction in which you take this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the good wishes, Topaz! I'm excited to be doing book reviews here again as well. (I do see what you did there ;) With any luck, I'm going to send literary <3s all over the blogosphere.)

    ReplyDelete

I adore getting blog comments and am so grateful that you want to leave one! However, I'd like to ask that you please keep things respectful and spam-free. Thanks!