The Epic Reads Tag

3 comments

So Alyssa (I don't even need to tell you which Alyssa, come on) has once again taken note of my love for posts with questions and has tagged me for the Epic Reads Tag! Give her a round of applause for her wisdom, everyone, and off we go...

1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?

I would invite Maggie Stiefvater and Richard Campbell Gansey III. Because reasons. I would then spend the entire time trying to hypnotize Maggie into keeping Gansey alive (very discreetly so Gansey wouldn't notice) and getting very very flustered in front of Gansey because I have a huge crush on him.

(Although of course he and Blue belong together and that is that.)

I'd serve yogurt to Gansey and be delighted by his confusion, and I'd serve Maggie caffeine so she can hurry up and give me The Raven King instead of making me wait until, like, September.

(I'm only half kidding about that last bit.)

2. What book do you wish the author would write the prequel for?

GRISHA TRILOGY PREQUEL PLEASE. (I need to know about the Darkling's early life.) But I'd also love an Infernal Devices prequel about Will Herondale's parents.


3. Which two characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?

Zoya Nazyalensky from the Grisha trilogy and Storm from the Fire and Thorns trilogy. They're both very caustic people with hearts of gold and minds of steel. (I mean, they could end up destroying each other, but they could also end up destroying everyone else. Together. Who knows?)

4. If you ran into your favorite author on the subway and only could say one sentence to them who is it and what would it be?

What do you mean, CHOOSE ONE FAVORITE AUTHOR? I refuse. I'd probably end up saying something completely off-my-rocker like "OMG PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR BRAIN" and that'd be the one thing that the author would remember me by for the rest of their life.

5. What book made you a reader and why?

I have to respond to this question with another question: does anyone actually remember this? I'm not totally sure myself, but I had... interesting preferences when I was younger. It was probably some combination of Magic Tree House and picture books about Disney princesses and an odd fantasy series about a world called Droon. (My book taste has obviously come a long way since then.)

6. Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught fire! What is the one book you would save?

THIS IS THE MOST DIABOLICAL QUESTION I'VE EVER LAID EYES ON. Nonetheless, if I had to choose one, I'd probably end up saving my hardback copy of The Diviners by Libba Bray, because the original edition is really pretty, unlike the newer and horribly garish paperback, and isn't really around anymore. Or I'd save my extremely thick, beautiful bindup of seven of Jane Austen's novels.

7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in and why?

Okay, so the entire reason why worlds are dystopian is because they are TERRIBLE to live in. 100% horrible. But if I had to choose one... it'd probably be the world of The Selection because apparently the biggest problems in that world are who gets to wear which dress. Sounds pretty un-dystopian to me, but I'll take it.

8. What is your most Epic Read of all time?

Oh, the cruelty.

Okay, that's it, I seriously can't answer this. DO NOT MAKE ME.

I tag:

Anyone who'd like to do this! I've done several other tags in the past, so I don't want to get annoying with tagging the same people over and over again, but if anyone would like to do this, feel free to! Consider yourself tagged.

What do you consider your "epic reads"? Do we have similar tastes? Sound off in the comments!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. *reads your last sentence* Oops. Well, I'm glad you like doing these tags, so I will continue to be annoying and continually tag you for them. *nods* Anyways, I think if the zombie apocalypse came, we'd start pretending to be zombies and hunt down all our favourite authors. We are what we eat, after all. *Sherlock smile*

    And yeah, these questions are EVIL. I was gasping "NO! I can't answer that!" at my screen when I did them, ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH, I am so ridiculously happy to have found somebody that feels the same way I do about The Diviners. I was so angry when I first laid eyes on the absolutely horrendous paperback cover - especially since I originally read it in hardback, and that cover is asdfghjkl; gorgeous. (To match the book, of course!) I'm kind of hoping to find the hardback version lying around in a used bookstore or something, because I NEED that book on my shelf but there is no way I am stooping to the level of buying the paperback.

    (Please ignore how pretentious that sounded. I take my design seriously. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, HECK YES we have similar tastes. Particularly the answer to #1. But I would cheat and insist Maggie Stiefvater ahd to bring ALL of the Raven Boys + Blue and possibly Blue's family, and maybe Grey Man and, eh, let's bring the entire cast,. I love them so. I have no idea what I'd say to my favourite author if I met them. I feel like I would stare and be awkward and say nothing. #awkwardbookworm xD

    ReplyDelete

I adore getting blog comments and am so grateful that you want to leave one! However, I'd like to ask that you please keep things respectful and spam-free. Thanks!