Some of you might be aware that I run a literary and art magazine based on Tumblr called The Teacup Trail. If you're not, here's a short introduction to my small publishing endeavor:
Our first love is anything speculative, whether it’s writing or art, full of the magic that makes the world go round. Fairy-dusted, shadowy and cursed, or suffused with starlight - however you like it, we’ll love it if it’s fantastical. That said, we know that tea comes with many different flavors, and we’re happy to try them all.That's what our aesthetic is like. However, our art editor has to leave us, so we're looking in a hurry for a new one!
Here are some short benefits of the position:
- You help decide the visual artwork that gets published in The Teacup Trail.
- Your bio is listed on our Masthead page.
- Although we can't offer payment, you do get the experience of working as part of a literary magazine's editorial staff.
- We'll be forever grateful for your hard work (no, but really, you would have a special place in our hearts).
- Have a spot-on sense of The Teacup Trail's inherently magical/speculative aesthetic.
- Have a keen eye for visuals.
- Have the free time to go through any art submissions that come in.
- Be able to report accept/reject recommendations to the editor-in-chief (that's me!) in a timely manner.
- As a plus (but it's not necessary) be interested/skilled in visual art.
- As another plus (but again, not required) have experience working with a literary magazine.
- And yet another plus (not necessary) be able to promote The Teacup Trail around the Internet.
- And as always, be passionate about The Teacup Trail's mission.
- Why do you want to work with The Teacup Trail?
- What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position? (This isn't as important as the first question, so don't be too worried.)
- Do you have any art samples that demonstrate your qualifications? If so, attach them or link us to them! (This is optional.)