Book Review: Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

No Comments
Photo from corinnesbookreviews.blogspot.com
When Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, she is exiled to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.


I get all of my book blurbs from Google Books. This one was really disappointing. It didn't mention all of the great characters or that she's a witch *HAHAHAHAHA Inside joke - laugh with me, those of you who've read this*. Sorry. Just sorta went crazy right there. Heh. Heh. The book was exciting. Good read.


Anyhow, the protagonist, Sophie Mercer, was very well-developed. It was kinda lame how she didn't know anything about Prodigium, but understandable. BTW, the cat on the cover has nothing to do with the story. The voice was sarcastic - my kind of girl.


Archer Cross... (love interest, just so ya know) I knew he was *SPOILER ALERT - Refer to StarCrossed book review for instructions* an agent for L'Occhio di Dio the first time I read him. Yes, I did.


I didn't know what to think about Elodie and the coven. I didn't. I was like, "Why are they there?"


Jenna Talbot was really sweet. I'd love to have a friend like her. (My friends all happen to be amazingly nerdy geniuses. Sad...) I knew that OBVIOUSLY she wasn't the predator (oh yeah, the book blurb doesn't mention that either... so basically it has a bit of a Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ring to it, and this mysterious predator is draining blood from the coven). The vampire rules were kind of unoriginal, but oh well.


Overall maybe a 3.8 of 5. Going to be looking for the next book.. maybe..
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I adore getting blog comments and am so grateful that you want to leave one! However, I'd like to ask that you please keep things respectful and spam-free. Thanks!